Santa Surprises – The best Gifts for Seniors
Checking off the shopping list for holiday gift-giving often ends with a quandary as to what to get your favorite senior. Consider some of these thoughtful, personal, and helpful gifts that may add to your older adult’s quality of life and maybe a smile.
- Custom photo blanket – Keep your older adult warm and cozy with familiar faces all around. These photo blankets are especially nice for people with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Amazon Echo “Alexa” – The COVID-19 pandemic has forced us to rely on technology more than ever. An Amazon Alexa will help your senior stay connected and gives the opportunity to play interactive games like Jeopardy and interact with the Alexa feature to find out information like the weather for that day.
- Acupuncture Foot Massage Slippers – These nifty slippers feature massage buttons that act as pressure points to soothe foot/heal pain and tension due to arthritis and other ailments.
- Photo Coasters – In a time where we may be separated from our families, these coasters are sure to remind you of brighter days. You can personalize each set of 4 coasters with either single or multiple photos.
- GrandBox Care Packages – The gift that keeps on giving, the GrandBox care package is curated specially for seniors, older adults, and grandparents. This monthly, personalized package contains unique gifts where you can add a personal touch with photos, letters, or more.
- New York Times Custom Puzzle – Celebrate a significant day by turning a front page New York Times story into a 500 piece puzzle!
- Scratch off World Travel Map – Have a senior who’s traveled a lot or loves geography? This scratch off map lets you reveal cities, landmarks, river names, highways, and other world class details.
- Long Distance Touch Lamp – In this fast paced world, it can get difficult for us to keep in touch with our loved ones-especially while separated due to COVID-19. This lamp lets you keep in touch with your loved ones. When you touch the top of the lamp, the other person’s lamp will light up and your message will be sent to your loved one.
- Custom Coloring Book – Everyone has photo albums, but not a custom coloring book. Coloring is for people of all ages because it calms the brain, reduce stress, and help focus on being in the present.
- Audible subscription – Each month, your loved one can choose one free audiobook from among thousands of titles and listen to it via a computer or mobile device.