June is National Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month.
Sodalis Senior Living honors the bravery, strength, and endurance of individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia and their caregivers who provide compassionate care.
Every 66 seconds, someone in the U.S. develops Alzheimer’s, joining the estimated 5.5 million Americans affected by the disease.
Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia and is one of the nation’s largest public health crises. It is the only cause of death among the top 10 lifethreatening conditions in the United States that cannot be prevented, cured, or even slowed.
The first step for many is selling a home. This may not be something you’ve done recently, and the prospect may be intimidating. Moving often also requires downsizing, which can be emotionally taxing but also quite freeing as you say goodbye to things you no longer need and make more room for the things you truly value.
Did you know:
- Physical exercise promotes brain function through a variety of mechanics
such as increased brain volume, blood supply, and growth hormone levels.
- The top five brain healthy foods are oily fish, berries, avocados, eggs,
- Beyond cognitive symptoms, other ways to detect Alzheimer’s is sense
of smell and hearing loss, both connected to brain function and health.
- Listening to music increases brain organization.
- 15 million caregivers give 18 billion hours of their time, unpaid to care
for loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease.
Sodalis Senior Living joins the nation in raising awareness for Alzheimer’s and other dementias. The more people know, the more action they will take.